Chester Road Runners
Committee Members Code of Conduct
The Committee plays a central role in the management and running of CHESTER ROAD RUNNERS.
As a Committee member your time and voluntary commitment to CHESTER ROAD RUNNERS is highly valued and appreciated.
This Code of Conduct seeks to ensure the proper functioning of the CHESTER ROAD RUNNERS Committee and should be followed by all Committee members.
- The Committee meets monthly unless otherwise agreed. Strive to attend all meetings if possible and send apologies beforehand to the secretary for necessary absences.
- Prepare for the meeting by reading the agenda and any documents / emails which have been circulated beforehand and identified as relevant for the Committee meeting. Arrive on time and stay to the end of Committee meetings where possible.
- Participate in Committee meetings:
- Listen to what others have to say and keep an open mind.
- Contribute positively to the discussions.
- Respect other peoples’ opinions.
- Help others concentrate on the meeting. Discourage side conversations. One person speaks at a time.
- Decisions, when necessary, taken at Committee meetings are taken on a majority vote with the Chair having the deciding vote where a decision is tied.
- Have the best interests of CHESTER ROAD RUNNERS in mind at all times.
- Contact the chair if you ever need clarification on anything, whether before a Committee meeting to do with an item on the agenda or at any other time if it is in connection with the Committee or your role.
- Draw attention to any potential conflicts of interest that may arise.
- Fulfil any responsibilities agreed and assigned to you to the best of your ability either at a Committee meeting or via correspondence between Committee members and be prepared to report back on your progress at the next meeting.
- Honesty and integrity are always expected in your role as a Committee member.
- Recognise that making decisions on the deployment of Human or Financial Resources needs to be viewed as to the benefit that will be provided to members and building community within the club.
- Each member of the Committee must be a fully paid up member of CHESTER ROAD RUNNERS during his / her tenure on the Committee. Committee members are personally responsible for paying their own membership.
- Committee members have access to members details on the MOJO membership system. This information must be regarded as confidential and only used for Club purposes.